On Dec. 19, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) refreshed the data on its Hospital Compare website.
The update includes:
- Ambulatory Surgical Center Program data;
- American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program data;
- Health care-associated infections data, including new baseline calculations for calendar year 2015;
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program data and scoring for fiscal year (FY) 2017;
- Hospital VBP Program FY 2015 incentive payment adjustment data;
- Hospital Readmission Reduction Program data;
- Hospital-Acquired Condition Reduction Program data;
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting data;
- PPS-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting data;
- Timely and effective care measure data;
- Structural measure data; and
- Surveys of patient experience, in particular Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) data and star ratings.
In addition, CMS no longer is collecting data on 24 process of care measures, and those measures no longer will be displayed.
CMS will continue to update Hospital Compare quarterly. However, the Hospital Compare overall hospital ratings will transition to a biannual update schedule starting in 2017. Updates will occur in July and December.
Contact Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.585.0127 with questions.