The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) encourages hospitals to download and save historical reports from the Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) system before the reports are removed on Dec. 15.
The new HQR system will include these data for the specified time periods:
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Prospective Payment System — calendar year (CY) 2020;
- Prospective Payment System–Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting — CY 2020;
- Electronic Clinical Quality Measures — fiscal year (FY) 2020/CY 2018;
- Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems — first quarter 2020;
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting — first quarter 2020;
- Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting — second quarter 2020;
- Ambulatory Surgical Center — program year (PY) 2021;
- Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program — baseline FY 2022; and
- Promoting Interoperability Program — PY 2020.
Beginning Dec. 15, historical reports will only be accessible by contacting the QualityNet Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling 866.288.8912 (TTY: 877.715.6222) on weekdays from 7 am to 7 pm CT. These reports will be provided in the comma-separated values (CSV) format.
CMS plans to release more information in the coming weeks about accessing program reports following the transition.
For questions, contact the QualityNet Help Desk at 866.288.8912 or email@example.com.