Hospital data from the Hospital-Acquired Condition (HAC) Reduction Program was published Dec. 10 to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS’) Hospital Compare website.
This data includes performance results from fiscal year (FY) 2016. Hospitals that ranked in the worst-performing quartile will have a 1 percent reduction applied to all Medicare discharges from Oct. 1, 2015, to Sept. 30, 2016.
These quality measure data can be found among the publicly available data on Hospital Compare:
- patient safety indicators 90 (PSI 90) composite index value
- central line-associated blood stream infection (CLABSI)
- catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI)
- surgical site infection (SSI)
- Domain 1 and Domain 2 scores
- total HAC score
Contact Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.585.0127 with questions.