A new issue brief outlines how states can use measurement as a foundation for tracking health disparities in Medicaid managed care.
The brief, released by State Health and Value Strategies, profiles states that have begun using data to identify, evaluate, and reduce health disparities among marginalized groups within their Medicaid managed care programs. It also offers a step-by-step strategy for states interested in measuring health disparities in Medicaid managed care as a step toward achieving health equity. The steps are:
- assess the landscape through stratification of existing quality measures;
- monitor health disparities on an on-going basis and produce annual reports of health disparities;
- identify a health disparity reduction target(s) and select an intervention(s);
- determine and implement a measurement approach; and
- assess performance and reassess program design.
Contact Senior Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions.