A new Trust for America’s Health report spotlights 13 evidence-based policies state officials can use to promote health and well-being and lower health care costs.
The report is part of a broader effort to foster cross-sector collaboration in states. It explores policy avenues states can take to help their populations overcome systemic barriers to healthy living, with a focus on addressing social determinants of health across six goals:
- support the connections between health and learning;
- employ harm-reduction strategies to prevent substance misuse deaths and related diseases;
- promote healthy behavior;
- promote active and connected living;
- ensure safe, healthy, and affordable housing for all; and
- create opportunities for economic well-being.
The report offers state leaders evidence to support the recommended policies, case examples from states that have adopted the policies, and considerations for implementation.
Contact Senior Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions.