The 2017 Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) data submission period closed April 3, and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is reviewing submitted data.
Health care providers who submitted data through the Quality Payment Program website now can review preliminary performance feedback data by logging in with an Enterprise Identity Management account. Final scores and feedback will be available July 1. Until then, scores are subject to change based on:
- special status scoring considerations, such as hospital-based clinicians;
- the all-cause readmission measure;
- claims measures, including the 60-day run-out period;
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems for MIPS survey results;
- advancing care information hardship application status;
- improvement study participation and results; and
- creation of performance period benchmarks for quality measures without a historical benchmark.
For questions about MIPS performance feedback preliminary data, contact the Quality Payment Program at 866.288.8292 or email@example.com.
America’s Essential Hospitals has established a resource page dedicated to quality payment programs. Visit this page regularly for new and updated information.