Hospitals that serve predominately low-income, medically underserved individuals have until Oct. 15 to submit an application for inclusion on the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ Essential Community Provider (ECP) list for 2018.
Qualified health plans in the health insurance marketplaces must contract with at least 30 percent of ECPs in their communities to meet CMS’ network adequacy requirements. Hospitals eligible for inclusion on the ECP list are:
- participants in the 340B Drug Pricing Program;
- critical access hospitals;
- children’s hospitals;
- hospitals eligible for disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments;
- sole community hospitals; and
- free-standing cancer centers.
Contact Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions.