America’s Essential Hospitals is accepting applications for the 2019 Government Relations Academy.
Government Relations Academy enhances the advocacy skills of government relations professionals at hospitals with a mission to serve vulnerable people and communities. Over nine months, participants will:
- expand their knowledge of key federal legislative and regulatory issues;
- explore, with a communications colleague, how to apply political communications strategies and tools;
- develop and execute an advocacy campaign to achieve a policy victory for their hospital; and
- build their professional network with government relations peers and seasoned advisers from essential hospitals.
The communications strategy session, which takes places at VITAL2019, in Miami, requires the participation of a communications professional from the participant’s hospital. The curriculum is designed to enhance collaboration between government relations and communications staff.
The Government Relations Academy includes:
- three highly interactive sessions, taking place in conjunction with the association’s spring and fall Policy Assembly fly-ins and VITAL2019 annual meeting;
- supplemental learning activities between sessions, including webinars, small-group training conference calls, and discussion forums;
- ongoing access to advisers with decades of experience advocating for essential hospitals; and
- the option to earn continuing education credits.
Applications will be accepted until Dec. 14. Apply today!
Contact Erin Delaney at email@example.com or 202-585-0117 with questions.