The U.S. Government Accountability Office recently announced the appointment of six new commissioners to the Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission (MACPAC). MACPAC was established to review access and payment policies and advise Congress on Medicaid and CHIP. New members will serve three-year appointments, effective Jan. 1. The newly appointed members are as follows:
- Sheldon Retchin, MD, MS, MSP, recently named as the incoming CEO of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, currently Vice President, Health Sciences and CEO, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System
- Gustavo Cruz, DMD, MPH, Senior Advisor, Health Equity Initiative
- Marsha Gold, ScD, Senior Fellow Emeritus at Mathematica Policy Research
- Yvette Long, Parent of Medicaid Beneficiary and Case Manager, Philadelphia Welfare Rights Organization
- Charles Milligan, JD, MPH, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Government Programs, Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Peter Szilagyi, MD, MPH, Vice Chair for Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of California at Los Angeles
Please contact Xiaoyi Huang, JD, director of policy, at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions.