The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) May 5 issued another update to the COVID-19 frequently asked questions (FAQ) document for Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) state agencies.
The new FAQ document provides guidance to state agencies on a wide variety of topics, including:
- effective and termination dates for Medicaid authority triggered by the public health emergency;
- additional enrollment, eligibility, and verification flexibility;
- coverage for American Indians and Alaska natives;
- benefit flexibility, including telehealth;
- home and community-based services;
- using the Medicaid disaster relief state plan amendment to increase provider payment rates;
- managed care flexibility; and
- quality data reporting.
Additionally, the FAQs address concerns about upper payment limit (UPL) demonstration calculations not reflecting increased costs or payments from response to the pandemic and the related impact on supplemental payments to providers. CMS will work with states to modify and submit demonstration adjustments to for review and approval.
The new FAQs were incorporated into the standing FAQ document, which CMS has reorganized and added a table of contents to for better usability.
Visit the America’s Essential Hospitals coronavirus resource page for more information about the outbreak.
Contact Senior Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions.