In an informal request for information (RFI), the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is asking for input on strategies to improve quality and reduce cost through innovation.
The RFI aims to create a new direction for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Innovation (CMMI), with increased emphasis on patient-centered care and market-based reforms. CMS is seeking broad feedback on its new direction, under eight focus areas for testing new payment and service delivery models:
- increased participation in Advanced Alternative Payment Models;
- consumer-directed care and market-based innovation models;
- physician specialty models;
- prescription drug models;
- Medicare Advantage innovation models;
- state-based and local innovation, including Medicaid-focused models;
- mental and behavioral health models; and
- program integrity.
Contact Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions.