On July 28, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) released the first publicly available state Medicaid renewal data since the continuous enrollment requirement was lifted. CMS will release state renewal data monthly and in two parts due to data availability.
Part 1 data will include:
- Number of renewals initiated and disposition of cases.
- Number of individuals disenrolled for procedural reasons.
- State Medicaid applications received and total Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) enrollment.
- State total call center volumes, average call center wait times, and average call center abandonment rates.
- Overall and state-specific applications to HealthCare.gov or state-based marketplaces.
- Qualified health plan eligibility and plan selections tied to Medicaid loss.
Part 2 data will include:
- Coverage transitions from Medicaid to the marketplace.
- Number of individuals enrolled in separate CHIP programs.
- Coverage transition data for individuals gaining Medicare or employer-sponsored coverage or returning to Medicaid.
The data release timeline is as follows:
- July: March and April part 1 data.
- August: May part 1 data.
- September: June part 1 and April part 2 data.
- October: July part 1 and May part 2 data.
Contact Senior Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.585.0127 with questions.