The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated the user interface for Hospital Compare preview reports to streamline the sign-in process, highlight star ratings on a new data tab, and redesign the search function for preview data.
The new Hospital Quality Reporting (HQR) Next Generation User Interface allows users to refine, filter, and compare data, as well as view footnote and supplemental information.
In early December, CMS will release January 2019 Hospital Compare preview reports through QualityNet for hospitals in the:
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program;
- Hospital Outpatient Quality Reporting (OQR) Program;
- Inpatient Psychiatric Facility Quality Reporting (IPFQR) Program; and
- Prospective Payment System–exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting (PCHQR) Programs.
The following month, CMS will release hospital-specific reports for overall hospital quality star ratings. The scheduled January 2019 Hospital Compare refresh will move to February 2019.
Also in February, CMS will refresh star ratings on Hospital Compare. The agency plans to share the results of analyses and stakeholder feedback received in response to the release of July 2018 preview reports, which resulted in the postponement of the July public release of star ratings.
CMS Hosts Educational Webinars
To educate health care providers about the new Next Generation User Interface, CMS will hold two educational webinars:
- Hospital IQR, PCHQR, and IPFQR providers will learn how to access their quality measure preview data using the new Next Generation User Interface during a Nov. 27 webinar at 2 pm ET; and
- Hospital OQR providers will have two opportunities to learn about the interface on Nov. 28 at 10 am ET and 2 pm ET.
Participants can download webinar slides from the Quality Reporting Center website under the “Upcoming Events” tab the day before each presentation.
Submit questions about the Hospital OQR Program through the Outpatient Questions and Answers tool or call 866.800.8756.
For questions about the Hospital IQR or PCHQR Programs, contact the Hospital Inpatient Value, Incentives, and Quality Reporting Outreach and Education Support Team online or call 844.472.4477.
Contact Senior Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.585.0127 with additional questions.