The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated the Promoting Interoperability Programs (PIPs) website with new resources for the 2019 program year.
The website now includes updated 2019 program requirements for Medicare and a fiscal year 2019 Inpatient Prospective Payment System program overview fact sheet. The site also lists important deadlines, including the end of the calendar year 2018 attestation period for the PIPs on Feb. 28. Medicare-eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals must attest through the QualityNet secure portal. Medicaid-eligible professionals and hospitals should follow the requirements of their state Medicaid agencies.
Call on Proposed Interoperability Rule
CMS also will host a set of calls on its recently released proposed rule on interoperability and patient access.
The first of these calls will take place on Feb. 26 at 2 pm ET. Participants should dial-in to 800.837.1935 using conference ID 8968707.
CMS will host a subsequent listening session on March 5 from 2–3:30 pm ET. The listening session will include remarks from CMS Administrator Seema Verma. Participants should register in advance through the Medicare Learning Network. Discussion topics will include:
- patient access through application programming interfaces;
- health information exchange and care coordination across payers;
- public reporting and prevention of information blocking;
- provider digital contact information;
- revisions to the conditions of participation for hospitals and critical access hospitals; and
- requests for information.
Contact Senior Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions