In a draft letter to issuers offering qualified health plans (QHPs) through the federally facilitated health insurance marketplace in calendar year 2019, the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight (CCIIO) included new provisions to increase state flexibility.
These provisions mirror those outlined in the 2019 Payment Notice Proposed Rule, about which America’s Essential Hospitals recently submitted comments.
The letter also details timelines and requirements for issuers, including:
- a QHP certification timeline for 2019;
- changes in states’ roles in QHP recertification;
- essential community provider enforcement standards;
- oversight mechanisms for direct enrollment entities; and
- changes in standards for state-based exchanges operating on the federal platform
These provisions are summarized in a CCIIO fact sheet on the annual letter. Comments on the draft letter are due to CCIIO by Dec. 11.
Contact Director of Policy Erin O’Malley at email@example.com or 202.585.0127 with questions.