Update (Aug. 18): The deadline for the CMS quality reporting programs listed below has passed. For additional help, please contact the National Healthcare Safety Network help desk at NHSN@cdc.gov.
The deadline for some Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) quality reporting programs is fast approaching. By Friday, Aug. 15, data for each of the programs listed below must be entered into the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
- Acute care hospitals participating in the Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting Program:
- Quarter 1, 2014 (Jan. 1 – March 31): central line-associated blood stream infection (CLABSI) and catheter-associated urinary tract infection (CAUTI) data (intensive care unit locations only)
- Quarter 1, 2014: colon surgery (COLO) and abdominal hysterectomy (HYST) surgical site infection (SSI) data
- Quarter 1, 2014: methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia and Clostridium difficile laboratory-identified events (facilitywide inpatient, all health care facility-onset and community-onset)
- Inpatient rehabilitation facilities participating in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Quality Reporting Program:
- Quarter 1, 2014: CAUTI data (all bedded inpatient locations)
- Long-term acute care facilities (LTACs/LTCHs) participating in the Long-Term Care Hospital Quality Reporting Program:
- Quarter 2, 2014 (April 1 – June 30): CLABSI and CAUTI data (all bedded inpatient locations)
- Cancer hospitals participating in the Prospective Payment System (PPS)-Exempt Cancer Hospital Quality Reporting Program:
- Quarter 1, 2014: CLABSI and CAUTI data (all bedded inpatient care locations)
- Quarter 1, 2014: COLO and HYST SSI data
For assistance on ensuring data accuracy, please visit the NHSN website or email the NHSN help desk. Please contact Xiaoyi Huang, JD, director of policy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.585.0127, with questions.