As a supporting organization to America’s Essential Hospitals, Essential Hospitals Institute is governed by a 16-member board that consists of both member and outside directors.
The board provides strategic direction and oversight of the Institute. The directors meet periodically to consider and vote on key Institute activities.
Board members, who are elected by the board of directors for America’s Essential Hospitals, serve staggered, two-year terms and may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Leon Haley, MD, MHSA
Vice President of Health Affairs
Dean of the College of Medicine-Jacksonville
UF Health Jacksonville
Secretary and Chair-Elect
Anna Roth, RN, MS, MPH
Contra Costa Regional Medical Center
Recording Secretary (Ex Officio)
- Christine Neuhoff, JD, System Vice President, General Counsel, St. Luke’s Health System
- Reuven Pasternak, MBA, MD, MPH, CEO, Stony Brook University Hospital
- Anthony Patterson, RN, MSHA, Senior Vice President for Inpatient Services, UAB Hospital
- Jon Pryor, MD, MBA, CEO, Hennepin County Medical Center
- John Jay Shannon, MD, CEO, Cook County Health & Hospitals System
- Ann Scott Blouin, PhD, RN, Executive Vice President of Customer Relations, The Joint Commission
- Donald Goldmann, MD, Chief Medical and Scientific Officer, Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Stuart Guterman, Senior Scholar in Residence, AcademyHealth
- Erica Murray, MPA, President and CEO, CAPH-California Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems
- Winston Wong, MD, MS, Medical Director, Disparities Improvement and Quality Initiatives, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan
Below find a list of Essential Hospitals Institute standing committees, with links to members-only resources and information.
Visit our About page to access information on America’s Essential Hospitals’ standing committees.
Senior Vice President of Leadership and Innovation
Education Program Manager
Director of Research
Senior Research Analyst
Contact the Institute staff