Institute Board of Directors and Staff
As a supporting organization to America’s Essential Hospitals, Essential Hospitals Institute is governed by a 16-member board that consists of both member and outside directors.
The board provides strategic direction and oversight of the Institute. The directors meet periodically to consider and vote on key Institute activities.
Board members, who are appointed by the board of directors for America’s Essential Hospitals, serve staggered, two-year terms and may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Delvecchio Finley, MPP
Alameda Health System
Susan Moffatt-Bruce, MD, PhD
Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
|Secretary and Chair-Elect
Christine Neuhoff, JD
System Vice President, General Counsel
St. Luke’s Health System
Roy Gilbreath, MD
Senior Vice President and Chief System of Care Integration Officer Navicent Health
|Recording Secretary (Ex Officio)
Bruce Siegel, MD, MPH
President and CEO
America’s Essential Hospitals
- Rohit Bhalla, MD, MPH, vice president of quality and patient safety, Stamford Hospital, Stamford, Conn.
- Parveen Chand, MHA, chief operating officer, Academic Health Center — Adult Hospitals, Indiana University Health, Indianapolis
- Susan Cooper, MSN, chief integration officer and senior vice president, Regional One Health, Memphis, Tenn.
- Melany Gavulic, RN, MBA, president and CEO, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Kim Hollon, president and CEO, Signature Healthcare – Brockton Hospital, Brockton, Mass.
- John Jay Shannon, MD, CEO, Cook County Health & Hospitals System, Chicago
- Melinda Abrams, MS, vice president, director of delivery system reform, The Commonwealth Fund, New York
- Stuart Guterman, independent consultant, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Erica Murray, MPA, president and CEO, CAPH-California Association of Public Hospitals and Health Systems, Oakland, California
- Dale Shaller, MPA, Principal, Shaller Consulting Group, Stillwater, Minnesota
- Kevin Weiss, MD, MPH, MHSA, senior vice president, Institutional Accreditation, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, Illinois
Below find a list of Essential Hospitals Institute standing committees, with links to members-only resources and information.
Visit our About page to access information on America’s Essential Hospitals’ standing committees.
Vice President of Innovation and Director, Essential Hospitals Institute
Senior Research Assistant
Manager of Sponsored Projects
Manager of Education Programs
Data Reporting Associate
Manager of Data Analytics
Principal Project Specialist
Principal Research Associate
Contact the Institute staff