Institute Board of Directors and Staff
As a supporting organization to America’s Essential Hospitals, Essential Hospitals Institute is governed by a 16-member board that consists of both member and outside directors.
The board provides strategic direction and oversight of the Institute. The directors meet periodically to consider and vote on key Institute activities.
Board members, who are appointed by the board of directors for America’s Essential Hospitals, serve staggered, two-year terms and may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Christine Neuhoff, JD, MBA
System Vice President, Chief Legal Officer
St. Luke’s Health System
Delvecchio Finley, MPP
Alameda Health System
|Secretary and Chair-Elect
Parveen Chand, MHA
Chief Operating Officer
Indiana University Health Academic Health Center – Adult Hospitals
Roy Gilbreath, MD
Senior Vice President and
Chief System of Care Integration Officer
|Recording Secretary (Ex Officio)
Bruce Siegel, MD, MPH
President and CEO
America’s Essential Hospitals
- Brenda Battle, MBA, vice president, Urban Health Initiative Chief Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity Office, UChicago Medicine
- Rohit Bhalla, MD, MPH, vice president of quality and patient safety, Stamford Hospital, Stamford, Conn.
- Susan Cooper, MSN, chief integration officer and senior vice president, Regional One Health, Memphis, Tenn.
- Melany Gavulic, RN, MBA, president and CEO, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Kim Hollon, president and CEO, Signature Healthcare – Brockton Hospital, Brockton, Mass.
- Shannon Sale, MHA, chief strategy officer, Grady Health
- Melinda Abrams, MS, vice president, director of delivery system reform, The Commonwealth Fund, New York
- Stuart Guterman, independent consultant, Silver Spring, Maryland
- Anand Shah, MD, MS, vice president of social health, Kaiser Permanente
- Dale Shaller, MPA, principal, Shaller Consulting Group, Stillwater, Minnesota
- Kevin Weiss, MD, MPH, MHSA, senior vice president, Institutional Accreditation, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, Illinois
Below find a list of Essential Hospitals Institute standing committees, with links to members-only resources and information.
Visit our About page to access information on America’s Essential Hospitals’ standing committees.
Vice President of Innovation and Director, Essential Hospitals Institute
Senior Research Assistant
Manager of Sponsored Projects
Manager of Education Programs
Data Reporting Associate
Manager of Data Analytics
Principal Project Specialist
Principal Research Associate
Contact the Institute staff