Institute Board of Directors and Staff
As a supporting organization to America’s Essential Hospitals, Essential Hospitals Institute is governed by a 16-member board that consists of both member and outside directors.
The board provides strategic direction and oversight of the Institute. The directors meet periodically to consider and vote on key Institute activities.
Board members, who are appointed by the board of directors for America’s Essential Hospitals, serve staggered, two-year terms and may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Stuart Guterman, MA
Christine Neuhoff, JD, MBA
System Vice President, Chief Legal Officer
St. Luke’s Health System
|Secretary and Chair-Elect
Susan Cooper, BSN, MSN
Chief Integration Officer and Senior Vice President
Regional One Health
Brenda Battle, RN, BSN, MBA
Senior Vice President of Community Health Transformation and Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Officer
|Recording Secretary (Ex Officio)
Bruce Siegel, MD, MPH
President and CEO
America’s Essential Hospitals
- Rohit Bhalla, MD, MPH, senior vice president and chief clinical and quality officer, Stamford Hospital, Stamford, Conn.
Timothy G. Curtin, MBA,MSW, Executive Director of Community Services, Memorial Healthcare System, Hollywood, Fla.
- Melany Gavulic, RN, MBA, president and CEO, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Michelle O’Keefe, MA, chief communications officer, Eskenazi Health, Indianapolis
- Shannon Sale, MHA, chief strategy officer, Grady Health
- Darrell Terry Sr., MHA, MPH, president and CEO, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of New Jersey
- Deborah Visconi, MS, president and CEO, Bergen New Bridge Medical Center, Paramus, N.J.
- Melinda Abrams, MS, executive vice president for programs, The Commonwealth Fund, New York
- Anand Shah, MD, MS, vice president of social health, Kaiser Permanente
- Dale Shaller, MPA, principal, Shaller Consulting Group, Stillwater, Minnesota
- Kevin Weiss, MD, MPH, MHSA, chief sponsoring institutions and clinical learning environment officer, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, Illinois
Below find a list of Essential Hospitals Institute standing committees, with links to members-only resources and information.
Visit our About page to access information on America’s Essential Hospitals’ standing committees.
Vice President of Innovation and Director, Essential Hospitals Institute
Manager of Research Programs
Manager of Education
Director of Sponsored Projects
Heath Equity Associate
Manager of Data Analytics
Contact the Institute staff