Institute Board of Directors and Staff
As a supporting organization to America’s Essential Hospitals, Essential Hospitals Institute is governed by a 16-member board that consists of both member and outside directors.
The board provides strategic direction and oversight of the Institute. The directors meet periodically to consider and vote on key Institute activities.
Board members, who are appointed by the board of directors for America’s Essential Hospitals, serve staggered, two-year terms and may serve up to three consecutive terms.
Parveen Chand, MHA
Chief Operating Officer
Academic Health Center — Adult Hospitals at Indiana University Health
Christine Neuhoff, JD, MBA
System Vice President, Chief Legal Officer
St. Luke’s Health System
|Secretary and Chair-Elect
Susan Cooper, MSN
Chief Integration Officer and Senior Vice President Regional One Health
|Recording Secretary (Ex Officio)
Bruce Siegel, MD, MPH
President and CEO
America’s Essential Hospitals
- Brenda Battle, MBA, senior vice president, community health transformation; and chief diversity, equity, and inclusion officer, UChicago Medicine
- Rohit Bhalla, MD, MPH, senior vice president and chief clinical and quality officer, Stamford Hospital, Stamford, Conn.
- Emily Blomberg, MHA, chief operating officer, Hennepin Healthcare, Minneapolis
- Melany Gavulic, RN, MBA, president and CEO, Hurley Medical Center, Flint, Mich.
- Kim Hollon, president and CEO, Signature Healthcare – Brockton Hospital, Brockton, Mass.
- Shannon Sale, MHA, chief strategy officer, Grady Health
- Darrell Terry Sr., MHA, MPH, president and CEO, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of New Jersey
- Melinda Abrams, MS, executive vice president for programs, The Commonwealth Fund, New York
- Anand Shah, MD, MS, vice president of social health, Kaiser Permanente
- Dale Shaller, MPA, principal, Shaller Consulting Group, Stillwater, Minnesota
- Kevin Weiss, MD, MPH, MHSA, chief sponsoring institutions and clinical learning environment officer, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Chicago, Illinois
Below find a list of Essential Hospitals Institute standing committees, with links to members-only resources and information.
Visit our About page to access information on America’s Essential Hospitals’ standing committees.
Vice President of Innovation and Director, Essential Hospitals Institute
Senior Research Associate
Manager of Education
Manager of Sponsored Projects
Data Reporting Associate
Manager of Data Analytics
Heath Equity Associate
Contact the Institute staff