Quality Payment Program Resources for Essential Hospitals
The Quality Payment Program (QPP) is a new approach to physician payment required by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA).
MACRA consolidated into the QPP three physician quality programs: the physician quality reporting system, the Medicare Electronic Health Records Incentive Program for eligible professionals, and the value-based payment modifier.
Under the QPP, eligible clinicians participate in one of two tracks: the default merit-based incentive payment system (MIPS) or Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs). The QPP’s first performance period began Jan. 1, 2017.
CMS infographic, 2019
- MIPS Value Pathways (MVPs)
- APM Performance Pathway (APP)
- Medicaid payment arrangements that qualify as Other Payer Advanced APMs
- CMS Finalizes CY 2018 Updates to Quality Payment Program
- Quality Payment Program Hardship Exception Application for the 2017 Transition Year
- Predictive Qualifying Alternative Payment Model (APM) Participants (QPs) Methodology Fact Sheet
- Quality Payment Program Overview Fact Sheet
- Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Overview
- Alternative Payment Models (APMs) Overview
- 2020 MIPS Payment Adjustment Fact Sheet
- 2019 APM Incentive Payment Fact Sheet
- Other Payer Eligible Clinician Initiated Submission Form Guide
- 2018 Targeted Review Fact Sheet
- 2018 Targeted Review FAQ
- Quality Payment Program 2018 MIPS Cost Performance Category Web-Based Training Course — New
- Quality Payment Program 2018 MIPS Improvement Activities Performance Category Web-Based Training Course — Revised
- Quality Payment Program 2018 MIPS APMs Web-Based Training Course — Revised
- Quality Payment Program 2018 Advanced APMs Web-Based Training Course — Revised
- Technical Assistance Resource Guide
- Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS): 2017 CMS-Approved Qualified Registries
- MIPS Improvement Activities Fact Sheet
- Where do I go for help with the Quality Payment Program?
- Alternative Payment Model (APM) Design Toolkit
- APIs for the Quality Payment Program
Upcoming Webinars and Past Presentations
|Introduction to the Merit-base Incentive Payment System (MIPS)||February 9, 2017||Watch recording|
|2019 Advanced APMs Overview Webinar||May 9, 2019||Watch recording|
|2019 All-Payer Combination Option Overview Webinar||May 21, 2019||Watch recording|
Quality Payment Program COVID-19 Response
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is implementing multiple flexibilities across multiple performance years for the Quality Payment Program in response to COVID-19. Download the PDF below for more information.