The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health has announced a new funding opportunity to support the prevention of maternal deaths through Maternal Mortality Review Committees (MMRCs).
The agency will award an estimated $43.5 million in funding to 25 recipients, who will form MMRCs to:
- identify pregnancy-associated deaths within one year of death;
- enter clinical and nonclinical data into a standard data system;
- conduct multidisciplinary reviews; and
- enter committee decisions into the data system within two years of death; and
- work with the agency to analyze data and share findings with stakeholders to shape policy and develop prevention strategies.
Applications are due by May 8. For questions, contact David Goodman at MMRC_NOFO@cdc.gov.