Flagyl Over The Counter – A Popular Antibiotic To Deal With Many Infections
Flagyl Over The Counter – This Is What You Need To Know Before Starting Treatment
Flagyl generic is an effective treatment against many kinds of bacterial infections. It is an inexpensive and popular medicine that is used much more often that other similar options. Metronidazole, the main ingredient of Flagyl, belongs to a class of medications called nitroimidazole antimicrobials. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria. Flagyl over-the-counter – a great choice to care about your health.
When To Use It?
This antibiotic shows its high effectiveness when dealing with many infections. Namely, the infections of:
- reproductive system;
- gastrointestinal tract;
- nervous system;
- and other areas of the body.
Flagyl is also suitable to treat yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases and bacterial vaginosis (a vaginal infection caused by too much of certain types of harmful bacteria) in women.
|Tablet Strength:||400 mg, 200 mg|
|Best Price:||$0.27 Per Pill|
|Payment:||Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, BTC|
Where to Buy Flagyl?
How To Take It?
You can buy Flagyl online in the form of tablets and suppositories. Both variants contain 500 mg of its active ingredient. Tablets are taken orally from one to four times daily (usually it is one, four – in severe cases); suppositories – once. The course is individual for every patient due to their medical condition. You should not decrease or increase the dosage by your own. This decision needs to belong only to your doctor or pharmacist.
It is also not worth taking Flagyl for disease prevention, as it can only increase your risk of getting infections. Flagyl is not suitable to treat cold, flu, or any other viral infections.
The drug is excreted from the body within 24 hours after the patient stops the course.
Flagyl is not good for people who have:
- hypersensitivity or allergic reaction to metronidazole;
- organic lesions of the central nervous system (including epilepsy);
- liver failure (in the case of large doses);
- renal/hepatic failure;
- Crohn disease;
- Cockayne syndrome.
It is not also prescribed in case of:
- pregnancy (I trimester);
- lactation (sometimes it can be taken, but with extreme caution and doctors often advice stop breastfeeding during treatment);
- pregnancy (II-III trimesters).
The most common symptoms include nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain. However, different people may have different unpleasant sensations when taking Flagyl. Among them:
- Headache or dizziness. Headache and dizziness are two most common complaints from people taking Flafyl. But they usually go away after completion of the course of treatment. If your head does not hurt much, then you can take pain relievers. If the pain is unbearable, then it is better to see a doctor to get a piece of medical advice.
- Fever. If you get it while taking this antibiotic, you may have an allergic reaction to the medication that is accompanied by a fever. Otherwise, it is a separate and unpleasant side effect. If the fever is strong and lasts too long, you should try to bring it down and see your doctor.
- Heart problems. This doesn’t happen often, but Flagyl can cause heart problems. They usually lead to arrhythmias or low blood pressure.
- Allergy. Allergic reaction is one of the most dangerous reactions of the body to this antibiotic. In this case, the person may have an itchy rash, swelling of the eyelids, lips, tongue, and even throat, leading to anaphylaxis. Sometimes in such situations, a dose of adrenaline received in an ambulance can save the patient. Be sure to tell your doctor if you have any allergies. At the first symptoms, you should inform your physician.
Other side effects may include:
- metallic taste in the mouth,
- peripheral neuropathies, with long-term treatment with large doses,
- brown-reddish urine.
Flagyl Over The Counter: Special Instructions
Before you buy Flagyl to treat bacterial infections, please, be aware of the following information:
- Long-term treatment is desirable under the control of the blood count. A false positive Nelson test is possible, since treponemas are immobilized.
- Combine with caution with indirect anticoagulants, non-depolarizing muscle relaxants.
- During treatment, you should stop consuming alcoholic beverages. Avoid drugs containing propylene glycol.
- When treating Trichomonas vaginitis in women and Trichomonas urethritis in men, it is necessary to refrain from sexual activity. Simultaneous treatment of sexual partners is mandatory. Treatment does not stop during menstruation. After the therapy, control tests should be carried out for 3 successive cycles before and after menstruation.• After treatment of giardiasis, if symptoms persist, 3 feces should be analyzed after 3-4 weeks at intervals of several days (in some successfully treated patients, lactose intolerance caused by invasion may persist for several weeks or months, resembling the symptoms of giardiasis).
- Drug interactions: be sure to inform your doctor about any drugs you take including prescription and over-the-counter options.
Flagyl Over The Counter
Tags: allergic reaction, abdominal cramps, avoid alcohol, cockayne syndrome, propylene glycol, bacterial vaginosis, contact your doctor, medical advice, bacterial infections, 500 mg, nausea vomiting, dry mouth, sexual partner, prescription drugs, treat bacterial, drug interaction, doctor or pharmacist, side effects, include nausea, yeast infections