Join America’s Essential Hospitals
The Value of Membership
As a member of America’s Essential Hospitals, you have access to benefits and services tailored to hospitals with a mission of caring for vulnerable people and communities. You also share an influential voice with hospitals like yours to advocate and win support for essential hospitals and their patients.
America’s Essential Hospitals focuses on the issues that matter to you—from federal payment policies to quality improvement to health disparities and social determinants. Through this association, our members shape legislation and regulations that directly affect essential hospitals and the safety net at large. We are a thought leaders and forceful advocates for Medicaid and other vital sources of support. And we provide unique education and quality improvement opportunities for our members.
America’s Essential Hospitals works to ensure access to care for America’s medically underserved and uninsured populations. Among recent achievements, we and our members:
- won a repeal of $4 billion fiscal year (FY) 2020 Medicaid disproportionate share hospital payment cut and reduced the FY 2021 cut by half;
- fought the proposed Medicaid Fiscal Accountability Regulation with an extensive campaign of regulatory and legislative advocacy and media coverage;
- led advocacy on Capitol Hill to secure new funding, Medicare reimbursement improvements, and regulatory relief for essential hospitals on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- attained legal victories on the 340B Drug Pricing Program, including court rulings in an ongoing case against the Department of Health and Human Services that challenges cuts to Medicare outpatient drug payments to 340B hospitals; and
- advanced population health improvement and strategies to reduce disparities in care through research, funded by prominent foundations, that promoted member innovations.
Partner With Us
Learn more about partner opportunities for companies that provide goods or services to essential hospitals. Read more >>
Non-Allowable Lobbying Dues
Pursuant to section 6033 (e) of the Internal Revenue Codes, we are required to notify you the percent of membership dues that are allocable to lobbying activities of America’s Essential Hospitals, and, therefore, are non-deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense by your organization. This information should be used for your Medicaid cost reports and does not apply to members with 501(c)(3) tax status. Please download the applicable dues notice by year below:
Download 2024 dues notice»
Download 2023 dues notice»
Download 2022 dues notice»
Download 2021 dues notice»
Download 2020 dues notice»
Download 2019 dues notice»
Download 2018 dues notice»
Download 2017 dues notice»
Download 2016 dues notice»
Download 2015 dues notice»
Download 2014 dues notice»
Questions or requests for years prior or additional assistance should be directed to Chief Financial Officer Rhonda Gold at 202.585.0109.
Our 990 Tax Return
If you would like to request a copy of the America’s Essential Hospitals or Essential Hospitals Institute 990 tax return, please call us directly at 202.585.0109.