Work in unison with other key health care leaders to ensure hospitals committed to caring for the vulnerable continue to play a prominent, and successful, role in the nation’s health care delivery system. As a member of America’s Essential Hospitals, you will have direct access to a host of benefits and services tailored specifically to hospitals with a mission to serve all people and communities equally,
We are focused on the issues that matter to essential hospitals, from quality improvement to federal-level public policy. We advocate on legislation and regulations that directly affect your hospital. We are a thought leader in health reform and funding for essential hospitals — with a particular focus on the future of Medicaid. And we provide unique educational and quality improvement opportunities that drive system reform.
America’s Essential Hospitals is taking the necessary steps to help ensure access to care for America’s medically underserved and uninsured populations. The following are a few of our recent achievements:
- averted $500 million in fiscal year (FY) 2014 cuts to Medicaid disproportionate share hospital payments and delayed FY 2015 cuts one year
- safeguarded hospitals from other deep cuts to Medicaid and Medicare during recent years of persistent deficit reduction and budget pressures
- won a third year of funding for its Essential Hospitals Engagement Network (EHEN), the only federal Partnership for Patients network of hospitals committed to caring for the vulnerable
- launched a Kaiser Permanente-funded initiative with the National Association of Community Health Centers and The George Washington University to help essential providers prepare for health care coverage expansion under the Affordable Care Act
- launched a unique educational experience focused on Section 1115 Medicaid waivers
New: Corporate Affiliate Membership Category
America’s Essential Hospitals is pleased to announce a new membership category for organizations providing goods or services for essential hospitals. Read more >>
Non-Allowable Lobbying Dues
Pursuant to section 6033 (e) of the Internal Revenue Codes, we are required to notify you that 15 percent of your 2016 membership dues are allocable to lobbying activities of America’s Essential Hospitals and, therefore, are non-deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense by your organization. This information should be used for your Medicaid cost reports.
This notice does not apply to members with 501(c)(3) tax status.
Questions or requests for years prior or additional assistance should be directed to Chief Financial Officer Rhonda Gold at 202.585.0109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our 990 Tax Return
If you would like to request a copy of the America’s Essential Hospitals or Essential Hospitals Institute 990 tax return, please email us directly.