Join America’s Essential Hospitals
Work in unison with other key health care leaders to ensure hospitals committed to caring for the vulnerable continue to play a prominent, and successful, role in the nation’s health care delivery system. As a member of America’s Essential Hospitals, you will have direct access to a host of benefits and services tailored specifically to hospitals with a mission to serve all people and communities equally,
We are focused on the issues that matter to essential hospitals, from quality improvement to federal-level public policy. We advocate on legislation and regulations that directly affect your hospital. We are a thought leader in health reform and funding for essential hospitals — with a particular focus on the future of Medicaid. And we provide unique educational and quality improvement opportunities that drive system reform.
America’s Essential Hospitals is taking the necessary steps to help ensure access to care for America’s medically underserved and uninsured populations. The following are a few of our recent achievements:
- successfully fought multiple bills to repeal the Affordable Care Act and make draconian cuts to Medicaid;
- since 2014, preserved vital support for essential hospitals by delaying cuts to Medicaid disproportionate share hospital (DSH) payments;
- protected the 340B Drug Pricing Program by stopping damaging “mega-guidance” and fighting for program integrity;
- educated members on Medicaid delivery innovation through our annual conference, a dedicated annual payment innovation and waiver summit, policy briefs, and distance learning opportunities; and
- launched a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation–funded initiative to support essential hospitals and their partners in efforts to advance population health.
Partner With Us
Learn more about partner opportunities for companies that provide goods or services to essential hospitals. Read more >>
Non-Allowable Lobbying Dues
Pursuant to section 6033 (e) of the Internal Revenue Codes, we are required to notify you the percent of membership dues that are allocable to lobbying activities of America’s Essential Hospitals, and, therefore, are non-deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense by your organization. This information should be used for your Medicaid cost reports and does not apply to members with 501(c)(3) tax status. Please download the applicable dues notice by year below:
Questions or requests for years prior or additional assistance should be directed to Chief Financial Officer Rhonda Gold at 202.585.0109.
Our 990 Tax Return
If you would like to request a copy of the America’s Essential Hospitals or Essential Hospitals Institute 990 tax return, please call us directly at 202.585.0109.