The Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA’s) Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Organ Donation Campaign has recognized facilities across the United States, including dozens of essential hospitals, for their organ, eye, and tissue donation and registration efforts.
Recognized organizations worked closely with organ procurement organizations and Donate Life America to educate and register new donors. Campaign participants enrolled nearly 27,000 total donors in state registries from October 2016 to April 2017.
HRSA recognized more than 1,000 hospitals and transplant centers total, including nearly 300 small and rural hospitals. Members of America’s Essential Hospitals that received platinum designation for organ donation outreach — the highest possible designation — by state include:
- California: Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Kern Medical Center, San Joaquin General Hospital, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, UC Davis Medical Center, UC Irvine Medical Center, and UC San Diego Health System;
- Florida: Gulf Coast Medical Center, Halifax Health Medical Center, HealthPark Medical Center, Lee Memorial Hospital, and Tampa General Hospital;
- Georgia: Grady Health System and Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah;
- Massachusetts: Baystate Medical Center;
- Minnesota: Hennepin County Medical Center;
- Mississippi: The University of Mississippi Medical Center;
- Nevada: University Medical Center of Southern Nevada;
- New Jersey: Monmouth Medical Center, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, and University Hospital;
- New York: Stony Brook University Hospital and Westchester Medical Center;
- North Carolina: Vidant Beaufort Hospital, Vidant Bertie Hospital, Vidant Chowan Hospital, Vidant Medical Center, and WakeMed;
- Ohio: University of Cincinnati Hospital Medical Center;
- Rhode Island: Rhode Island Hospital;
- South Carolina: Spartanburg Regional Medical Center;
- Tennessee: Erlanger Health System and Children’s Hospital at Erlanger;
- Texas: Methodist Health System University Hospital;
- Virginia: University of Virginia Health System; and
- West Virginia: Camden Clark Medical Center, United Hospital Center, and WVU Medicine Ruby Memorial Hospital.
Forty other members also received gold-, silver- or bronze-level recognition — see the full list here.